Saturday, January 08, 2005

My First Real Post!

I usually have at least 3 projects on the needles at once. Different kinds of projects, different stages of completion. People often ask me how I get so much knitting done with little kids and I think this is a major reason. I never have to wait until after the kids go to bed to figure out that cable chart so I can knit. I can always knit RIGHT NOW, because I always have something that is in easy-boring-stockinette mode that I can knit on, while paying attention to something else.

Anyway, today I only have 2 projects on the needles, the pink Rowan Cork sweater from the current Rebecca magazine, and the blue Koigu sock. I gotta remedy that situation by casting on at least one other thing today!

Here are photos of my current projects, plus a couple others finished this week:


Artfully arranged pieces (at least I thought so while I was taking the picture) of Rebecca magazine sweater. It is saying: "Block Me!"


Up close and personal. The color is delicious.



I made this hat last week when my sister Allison was here. She made one and I had to make one too. The yarn is Noro Big Bebe (discontinued) and was half price. As quick and easy as it was, I did have to finegle (will look that spelling up later) to keep the colors from pooling and making ugly black zigzags.


See how pretty it will be with the Rebecca sweater!!



Another current work. Koigu socks.

Christmas sock for Allison (its the second sock, she unwrapped the first sock and took it with her.) Finished last night. Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

Blogger Melody Johnson said...

The pink is too totally delicious! I simply must cable something soon. I am so happy to have your blog to read now, and it is already on my Favorites list.
Love, Melody

5:05 PM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

And now I have a link to Emily's Blog on my blogsite, right under your website link. Is that OK with you?
LYI Mel

5:10 PM  
Blogger Dijanne Cevaal said...

HI Emily
Wow your kids have grown!So have mine - nearly two teenagers and the littlest going on 16! thanks for visiting my blog, it was good to hear from you. Hope you are still quilting- always loved your work.
regards
Dijanne
Gellibrand
Australia

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home