Thursday, March 31, 2005

Diary of a Photo Shoot

That's it. Two people commented on American Idol. No comments on my fabulous knitting projects, its all about reality TV (we'll talk about that later, 'kay). That's all the egging on I need to broadcast onto the World Wide Web my opinions and predictions on the Idol.

I Love Bo Bice. BoBice. Say it with me now, BoBice, BoBice, BoBice. If I weren't a happily married woman (Hi Honey!) I would marry BoBice, younger man that he is. My prediction for the final two is, you guessed it, BoBice and... Carrie. I'm not a fan of country (but Carrie, if you sing a little Mary Chapin Carpenter I'll be your friend forever) but she is supremely polished and consistent. I also root for Nadia and Constantine to round out the top four. (Note to Constantine, please stop undressing me with your eyes, I would like to watch you sing, without blushing and having to look away, thank you.)

Knitting Content? You're here for Knitting Content?! Well, if you're still reading this far, then, Congratulations! You Win Reward! Whoops, that's a different show.

Tuesday night I finished not one, but TWO BLUE LACY THINGS! Both will go with me tomorrow, when I get to be a free-and-easy young thing in New York City. I will not cut anyone's meat! I will not wipe up coagulated yougurt under the table! I will have long, uninterrupted conversations with best girlfriends, and there will be alcohol involved. There will be yarn shopping, fabric shopping, and ethnic food not easily found in midwestern suburbs!!!

Without any more delay, I present you with "A Good Bias" from the Spring Interweave Knits. Cotton-Ease, 3 skeins, on closeout sale at Hobby Lobby.


Not bad, when your photographer is five, and not getting paid.



Close up of the stitch. Now three year old is getting involved, when Hello Kitty camera no longer cuts it.



Things are getting a little out of hand. I included this picture in the interest of full disclosure.



Here's a picture of the capelet. *
Pattern: made it up. Yarn: Fleece Artist kit (kit for a long scarf--I squeaked the whole thing out of one scarf kit) from Wool and Company.

*Head-cut-off is the photographer's personal artistic statement, not just one of those ordinary head-cut-off shots you see around blogland.


Close up of the stitch. Imagine how shocked I was to see my mother's hands in this shot.



Here is the jacket for the wedding, finished as of last night. ("Finished" is a relative term. In this case, it is not lined, but it IS hemmed, and the hem is from real thread, not scotch tape.) See Mom? Thanks for the offer, but I don't need you to come sew me into it at the last minute.



Close up of the fabric and three vintage buttons. Hooray for the button box! Have a great weekend, everyone!!!
Posted by Hello

9 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

The knitting projects are obviously gorgeous. Your photo shoot is so cute. I don't get the Constantine thing. I like Anwar a lot more. Ever since he sang Moon River, I've been sold.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

Your FOs are beautiful! Great job! Your photo shoot was hillarious too. Maybe a future career for the little ones? ;)

Jessica
http://zarzuela.blogspot.com

9:27 PM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

Voted Best Blog of the morning, including Yarn Harlot who was a weak second to you.
I love the new pieces and especially love the jacket that you hemmed.
O Emily, the picture of you (#2) bending down toward the camera is sooooo pretty. You look lovely.
Have a fabu time in NY.
Love Mel

7:26 AM  
Blogger FunkyC said...

Oh. This is your funniest post ever! I vote for letting the kids take all the pictures.

Be freee in NYCeee! See you on the flip side.

7:45 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

Your shrug looks great! And I also love the capelet...and the jacket. The series of pics is priceless. But--I can't comment on American Idol as I don't watch it. Oops!
p.s. I've been looking for an online source for fleece artist--that has pics--but I can't find one. So sad.

10:35 PM  
Blogger Earl3d said...

OK, I read this from work and it was all I could do to keep from busting out laughing! Talk about a pick-me-up from a boring work day.

I agree that the kids should take all the pictures from now on. [Not that Emily's aren't good in their own right.]

Oh, the knitting looks good, too!

4:22 PM  
Blogger not veronica said...

I love the jacket! Wow.

3:40 PM  
Blogger erica said...

Your shrug is beautiful.

I just started mine this weekend and am more than 1/2 way through first piece.

4:58 PM  
Anonymous hassam said...

I love the jacket! Wow.s

6:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home