Monday, March 14, 2005

Freudian Slip

So, I called my sister this morning, because she had e-mailed me that she had one skein of Noro Daria and wanted a pattern to make a change purse. Can I tell you how THRILLED that my little sister and little brother are knitting, and ask me for help?!?

So, I called her up, (and she has caller ID) and she answers the phone, not with Hello, but with "YOU'RE A PSYCHO!" Pause. "Oops! You're a PSYCHIC!" As in, she was just thinking of calling ME. Oh well, I think she got it right the first time.

So, I told you that I was going to get my act together, my projects organized, prioritized, situated. I am concerned that I don't have anything chic to wear to NYC at the end of the month for friend's wedding. This is pretty much a cover up for: about to drive 3 small kids 5 hours by myself and then go to a sad funeral and then do whatever I can to help my mom sort out the rest of her life and then come home feeling helpless and crappy.

So I go to my LYS and find this.


This is Fleece Artist. It takes my breath away! Not only is it periwinkle, it is very very PALE periwinkle. It is a medium size skein of both Rapunzel, and Slubby. It is a kit for making a long scarf. I have started a capelet. I'm going back today to see if they have another kit, but I might just squeeze a whole capelet out of it. Here's the start.



 Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

Blogger FunkyC said...

It's lovely! Is this the chic hipster garment for NYC?

Sorry to read about your Grandpa. Hope you are well.

xo

3:57 PM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

Thanks Emily for the info about the program. Already my email is shut down, but I can still receive.
Thank Heaven.
Mel

12:31 PM  
Blogger Danielle said...

Thats smashing! Such wonderful colors.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home