Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Pastel Chick

Normally I don't think of myself as a pastel person, but I did notice a trend when I was photographing my three current projects for this post. Oh well, I guess that means spring is here!

I took a few days off from Mariah, because the size 4 addi's and all the hood purling was hurting my hands. Then I realized that since I was knitting flat again, I could go back to my Bryspuns. Voila! Much more pleasureable knitting= big progress on Mariah. I knit several inches on the hood yesterday, which means this baby could be done within the week! I am wearing it as I type!

Love it!


(Or I could just bind off right now and have a big vampire collar. )


Molly says, "Gimme another cuff and block me, Baby!" Straightforward pattern, 3 balls of yarn, no further explanation needed.



This is my new project: "A Good Bias" from the new spring Interweave Knits. Pale blue Cotton-ease, a new favorite yarn. This was my Oscar Knitting, good thing the show was pretty much a bore, because the pattern took a lot of concentration. I have never done lace before. I think I have a better grasp now, but it is definitly not "Knit with the kids around" knitting.

Which gets me to thinking, if I'm going to finish Mariah and Molly within a week, I'm going to need more mindless knitting on the needles to avoid Project Panic. Socks will do in a pinch, but a day or two and that's enough of that. Got to start rummaging around for the summer yarns......

Posted by Hello

6 Comments:

Blogger Melody Johnson said...

Emily!!! Is that shortie named Molly or were you saying Molly wanted it finished or what?
Please please please send me the pattern link. This is just what I want to be knitting right now!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

Hi,

Found your blog by googling for "A Good Bias." I am hosting a knit-along for that pattern, starting next week--check out my blog for details. We'd love to have you join us!

www.knitterpated.blogspot.com

8:24 AM  
Blogger Kristy said...

Emily, I love how you are cabling up the hood of Mariah. Can't wait to see the finished sweater!

11:15 AM  
Blogger Korin said...

I love how you're cabling the hood! I'm considering do the same.. i'd love to know what you did! :D

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Emily--I love your knitting-very impressive to someone like me, whojust finished their very first (child's) poncho, and a felted bag-!I think knitting has helped me get through January/February and almost all of March! I think I'll stick w/ it, at least for that reason! Anne L. (I like that shrug, also)

11:47 AM  
Anonymous hassam said...

hi

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home