Monday, June 20, 2005

Weekend Report

Thank you to all of you who have left such nice comments on Mariah and my Sunflower quilt! Soon I will upgrade to blogging software that makes it easy for me to reply to you personally, because I would like to. You guys are awesome.

Here are a few pictures from the show:






The highlight of the show: surprise visits from fellow bloggers!!


That is me in the middle, with Cathy aka "Funky C" on the right (do not drink a beverage while visiting her blog), and Jan "Be Mused" on the left (my first blogging pal I got to meet in person). Neither one told me they were coming, but I knew Jan the minute I saw her in the parking lot. Cathy came all the way from Michigan with our other quilting bud, Connie. I hate to admit it, but there was much girlie squealing and hugging. It just couldn't be helped. It was all just too much and made me very happy. I knew as soon as I saw friends, I knew that I could relax and give my talk and all would be fine.

Speaking of the gallery talk, my wonderful mom has said to me "I'm proud of you honey" at least twenty times the past 2 days. "I've never heard you speak before." Apparently, my mom was quite taken with my talk.

"So, Mom, which part did you like?"

"Well, the part where you spoke...and waved your arms."

Golly Mom, thanks. Glad to hear those years of reading art books and learning to talk intelligently about my work have really paid off in the Arm Waving Department.

It was hard to decide whether to title this post "Show opening," "Visit to Mom's", or "Cotton Ease Yarn Buying Bonanza Throughout the States of Illinois and Indiana". Ever since the Great Cotton Ease Enabler Lauren mentioned CE at Tuesday Morning (I had never heard of Tuesday Morning so I looked it up. There's one right here in St. Charles! Who knew?!) I have been on a bender. Those crazy Hoosiers have colors I have never seen before like Banana Cream and Mint! I now have enough CE to clothe a small army. Which is fine, since most days I feel like that's what I'm in charge of.

Knitting progress up next. Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

I still have not actually seen Banana Cream in person!

3:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Emily, the show was fabulous and the pleasure was all mine! It was so much fun getting to meet you in person...I hope the show gets a lot of traffic throughout the summer!
I actually pulled into a Burger King to get a cold drink on my way out of Muncie and saw a TM on the other side of the parking lot. I decided to pass and now am regretting it. Banana Cream!??

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home