Monday, July 11, 2005

Make a Commitment, Already

It has been a really good summer so far. What could be better than some sibling knitting? Sibling knitting, on vacation, by the lake, with drinks!?



Said sibling, bestowing knitted gifts on my offspring.



(Yes, I have a two-finger sucker. The index finger usually rests casually on her nose.)



On aforementioned vacation, I performed great feats of knitting for anyone who made the mistake of expressing the teensiest interest in what I was doing. Here, I unraveled 8 or 10 rows and reknit that section. Note to self: Rowan patterns with lots of cables and drinking don't mix.

Back home, and back to reality. The past several weeks have caught up with me. A little trip knitting, a little mindless knitting, seduced by a sock yarn here, a sale yarn there, and a pattern from a new magazine, and the result is this:



Doesn't everyone love a photo of a Big Sloppy Pile of Knitting?! Well, maybe not those of you who came here by googling for Bo Bice. (People. Please. Move on.)

I just feel like I have nothing to show for all this knitting I've been doing. So, this week I decided it was time to make a commitment to finishing. I have been very fickle this summer, and (although it has been quite enjoyable) I think I now have Project Hangover.

I finished the lace wrap from the new Interweave Knits.


Blocked her.



Finished the pieces for the Miss Bea cardigan.



Shown here in its pre-blocking status.



And, feeling mighty accomplished, I cast on a new Koigu sock.
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger Katy said...

Woohoo, look at all those projects!
I've been eyeing that lace wrap pattern (not that I need any more projects, lol). What did you think of it? Do we get a modelled pic?

12:32 PM  
Blogger Earl3d said...

Look at me!

That was fun at the lake.

Sibling Knitting Rocks!

12:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What!?! No mention of the trip to Lansing....for yarn???

5:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that's a very lovely pink sock!

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home