Thursday, September 01, 2005

Quilts Comfort America

If you are thinking constantly about the way to help those in need on the Gulf Coast, please send in a donation to the Red Cross. In Chicagoland, the Lowe's stores are matching dollar for dollar all the donations, and Quilts, Inc. has announced that they will match up to $10,000 all the donations that quilters make to the Red Cross. All you have to do is e-mail them and tell them how much you are sending.

Also, many quilters have UFOs, or old class samples that we don't use anymore, or maybe just an old quilt that we made when we were a beginner that we just don't use. Quilts Inc. (located in Houston where many refugees are coming) will collect and deliver DAILY, any quilts that we are able to send. Twin size are preferred. Nothing smaller than a baby quilt. All these refugees are decending upon the Astrodome and there is a shortage of bedding.

They will also accept clean sheet and blankets. Please go to www.quilts.com and read the details, and make a donation if you can.

I know I have a baby quilt upstairs left over from a show. I'm going to rummage around and see what else I can find.

2 Comments:

Blogger a. said...

Thank you for this heads up. I just donated to the Red Cross this morning, so I sent Quilts.com an e-mail so they can match the donation.

3:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info re: Quilts, Inc., Emily. I just added it to the info I listed on my blog earlier today about AQS's effort.
It's all so incredibly sad. And quite unbelievable.

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home