Monday, October 31, 2005

Garden Party Shawl

Finally, here are pictures of the completed shawl:



Big thanks to my friend Beth for the photo shoot.



I have worn it a lot already and I love it. This is, for sure, one of my favorite knitted items of 2005.


1,600 stitches!

So, I cast off the 1,600 stitches and went a looking for my husband to give me a little admiration. I grabbed him in the hallway and did the ole "Honey.....notice anything?"

Him: Looking me up and down, registering on something new: "Nice sweater!"
Me: Well, thanks! Hmmm, (mumbling) it's not a sweater."
Him, trying: "Nice jacket......nice tiara....nice shawl..."
Me: No response (I was stuck on tiara. What the heck!? Tiara?!)
Him, still trying: Nice.....woolen item #857.

Specs:
Woolen Item #857 (Garden Party Shawl by Two Old Bags)
6 skeins Elsbeth Lavold Silky Wool
The dk weight yarn, knitted at a worsted gauge, gives the fabric a beautiful drape.
I might even make another one. Someday.
Posted by Picasa

6 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

Beautiful Shawl - I was scrolling down and saw you did the Rebecca lace sweater - I was literally going to start that one tonight! Any tips to the errors you found would be great.....

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love, love, love it! I'll bet it's great in the Silky Wool. The Leaf Lace shawl I just finished is SW and the weight/drape of it is wonderful.
I'm tempted...but 1600 stitches. Gulp. At least that's cast off, not cast on! Kudos!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

So much patience with those ruffles!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

That's so pretty! I love the ruffles...they're a nice touch but not too fussy. Enjoy!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

It must be make a shawl week! I am on shawl #3, but mine are skimpy compared to yours. I will email pictures.

Now, is that shawl a square folded over to form the triangle or are there two layers of ruffles?

6:24 AM  
Blogger Anna Lear said...

ooooh that's pretty -- great job!!! I can't imagine dealing with 1600 stitches, but the result is wonderful!

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home