Monday, October 24, 2005

Willow

The winner of my new-project tryouts was "Willow" from Rowan's A Season's Tale. Apparently, there are 2 Rowan patterns called Willow, because when I googled it, I found several of the "other" Willow, but none of this one. It is the cabled coat on the right in this picture.


I am doing it exactly as the pattern, except for the stripes on the collar. Mine will be solid. I'm using black bulky Thaki Soho Tweed, that I scored at at sale 2 years ago. I got a lot. Then I went back and got more. Enough for a big sweater, so big it could be considered a coat. It's been in the "Too Good To Use" bin for long enough, don't you think?



Its black with tweedy flecks of purple, pumpkin orange, red, olive green, and dark aqua blue. And, being bulky, it's working up fast. I've got the back and one front done up to the armhole shaping.

I love making a marriage between a Beloved Stash Member and a Pattern-I've-Always-Wanted-To-Make. We'll see if this is a match made in heaven. So far, so good.
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Blogger Earl3d said...

Hey that looks very grooovy!

I downloaded cables for dummies at http://www.dummies.com/WileyCDA/DummiesArticle/id-879.html
so we'll see if I can cable myself a little hat.

Cheers!

12:06 AM  
Blogger Genuine Lustre said...

Isn't that the most beautifully photographed book of patterns? I love the coat, though I personally would never complete a project that big. You are very prolific.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Sneaksleep said...

Looove it! Great pattern, and great yarn. I agree about not striping the collar. I'm also impressed with your ambition to make such a large project. But then again, if knit with bulky, even I might consider it.

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home