Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Random Knitting Bits

Rebecca Sweater with Eyelet Pattern (from my 10/27 post): It’s fun to hear that some people are interested in knitting this. Stacey, I don’t have your e-mail, so here are the mistakes that I found (in the large size):

Back: Cast on 84 sts, not 80.
Armhole shaping: you will end up with 58 sts, not 62, which means you have 12 sts for each shoulder, not 14.
And lastly, the 4” for the turtleneck was really tall, and caused the front to buckle right under the neck. I ripped back 1 ½ to 2 inches of that neck and re-bound off, it made a huge difference.

I took a break for a couple of days from Willow. The yarn is rough, and it’s not really the most pleasant to knit. So, I finished up this 2-skein Koigu lace scarf that I started this summer. A little Eucalan bath, and a good blocking will transform this little caterpillar into a beautiful butterfly.



Re: Socktober. I have enjoyed seeing all the sock pics, but I never joined because I had so many mates to finish up, that I couldn’t commit to starting a new pair.

So, I finished up these 2 for me: on the left is the 2nd of the grey/blue Opal handpainted. On the right is Lorna's Laces, (Mixed Berries). I didn't really like the way this striped up the leg, but the foot is interesting, and I love the colors.


Close up of the colors:


I also finished up both pairs of kid's socks (Opal and OnLine):


And finally, in Bryspun news: I contacted the shop where I bought my new Bruspun circulars, and they told me that Bryspuns are 100% guarenteed, and I just have to contact the company for my free replacements. Bryspun, you are still my favorite needles!
Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I am jumping the gun here but here goes my guess for tonight. No guess! Yes, I will not be watching again. Hard to say what I will be knitting. I finished socks yesterday and have a dozen started things I should finish....but alas who knows!

8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home