Thursday, January 19, 2006

Newsflash: Olympic Knitter Pulls Muscle While In Training

Ok, so maybe that's a little exaggerated for the silliness factor, but seriously, I have been doing too much knitting and have aggravated the tendonitis in my right wrist/arm/shoulder. I kind of knew I was overdoing it and I was sore, but then I was knitting and talking on the phone yesterday, and I felt some kind of muscle twist. No, you didn't miss anything, no backflips, no spectacular fall down the stairs, I was knitting while cradling the phone on my left shoulder. Apparently, that was enough to put me over the edge. I'm feeling really old right now.

So, I've been laying low with the knitting this week, and, as you could imagine, I'm cranky. On the bright side....well....um..... I have my taxes done.

Make that super-cranky.

Late Monday night (pre-tendonitis flare up), in a fit of insane excitement, I signed up for the Harlot's Olympic Challenge. It probably jinxed me. I hope to feel better by then because I am really excited about it. I'll be knitting the VK Winter Cardigan (Number 12) that I showed a picture of earlier this week.

Meanwhile, to keep myself from biting my nails off or eating non-stop, I have been knitting just a teensy bit on the green baby cardigan. (Daisy from Knitty). Lightweight wool, knit on flexible Bryspuns, pretty easy on the wrist.














The green looks blah in these pictures. I think all of us in blogland would like a sunny day to take some pictures!

It is to go with this dress (Sophie's Christmas dress...and spring dress...and Easter dress...) The pinks will be embroidered flowers reminiscent of the print on the dress. I hope it works.

4 Comments:

Blogger FunkyC said...

I like the green with the dress. Isn't being your child's stylist a riot?

Heal like the wind! We want you in tip top shape. Olympic greatness doesn't appear every day, you know.

7:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think a committee of experts will need to come and check you out, just to make sure you're capable of competing.....

8:54 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

That sweater will be so cute with that dress! Don't you love dressing little girls?
Hope the tendinitis heals quickly--but don't push it too much or you'll really be sidelined. bummer!

9:48 PM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

Me too. I am so sore this morning and am dying to work on my triangle sweater back which only needs one more triangle to be done.
But O does it hurt!

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home