Thursday, January 12, 2006

The Other Thing I've Been Doing


Anybody remember this sweater? I started it last fall/winter in Cotton Ease. It was basically my "mindless knitting in the round for meetings/waiting/talking on the phone". I knit the body in the round up to the armholes, then abandoned it in November for quilting and Christmas knitting.

I've picked it up again, knit the sleeve, attached them to the body and started on the yoke.










Here is where I am today. This could be a great staple in my wardrobe. Especially since most of my other sweaters are wool. It's pretty much a basic raglan pullover, on the same order as the IK Retro Prep from a few years back (yeah, I want to make that one too) or the Hourglass from Last Minute Knitted Gifts.















It has three nice little details that make it special. The little hem at the sleeves and the bottom edge:















The nice raglan shaping with single and double decreases:














And a cable detail on the shoulders, that you will have to squint at the top picture to make out. I'm not quite there yet.

And on a side note: This is from the Fall 02 Vogue Knitting, IMO, one of the best issues ever. Here is another sweater from the same magazine that I knit two years ago (out of Noro Kureyon), designed by Joan Vass:



















And here are two more I want to knit this year. The one on the left is out of heavy worsted, designed by Kristin Nicholas, the one of the right takes 12 skeins of Koigu. I have a collection started, of various dark green shades.






















There were at least 3 more that I wanted to show, but blogger won't let me load any more images. If you have this one in your collection, go check it out, its a great issue.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane Doran said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog, Emily. Some day I hope to be as productive as you are! I would have written sooner, but I was tied up by a pitched game of Battleship.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

We have the same taste in sweaters! I love that Kristin Nicholas design, and I've knit the koigu turtleneck- love it!

11:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home