Friday, January 27, 2006

You Guys Rock

Thank you, thank you, thank you for voting. You made my little day so exciting, as I slipped back to the computer many times during the day to see if there were new votes.

Charlotte's Web took an early lead, and some people were so enthusiastic about it, I was tempted to count their votes twice! Then Ene's gained a following and Martha also had a good showing.

I can't believe there were no smart alecks who wanted to see me wind up the yarn mess.

In the end, it was a tie between Charlotte's Web and Ene's Shawl, and I will attempt to do both! But can you blame me for casting on Charlotte's first, the Koigu is so seductive.

I have had some questions over the past few days and I will go back and make sure I answer all of them:

Susan, the pink baby sweater is "Sam" from Mission Falls Wee Knits.

Lauren, the sweater is a dog because it is an ugly color, too big, and I don't think it will really go with the dress I wanted it to go with. But, I will give it a chance and the embroidery will probably help.

Diane, I LOVE my bryspuns. I love the flexibility, the pointy tips, they are lightweight and warm, and inexpensive. They are so easy on the hands. You might not notice it while knitting, but over an hour or so of knitting, my hands don't hurt like they might with metal needles.

Kristin, sorry I didn't put a picture of Charlotte's Web, it was so popular last year I didn't think that some people wouldn't know what it was. Thanks for looking it up!

Many people asked about the PBS show last month and I never announced it: they said it will air in March of '07. Yes, over a year away. Believe me, I'll send out an APB when it is closer to air time.

Carla, you must drop everything and knit a Charlotte along with me! It is completely addictive, and I can now see why many people made more than one. I am loving this knit.


Charlotte in the Snow. She's "radiant"! And "humble"! (Thanks to my brother's comment from yesterday, which had me fall off my seat laughing, I'm picturing a Charlotte's Web shawl with "Some Pig" written out in the lace pattern.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my God it is soooo nice! Jodee is thinking of doing that for the Olympics- If she waits till after I will do one with her. I must say I am very tempted-despite my inability to do lace and drink or do lace and anything for that matter!

4:18 PM  
Blogger FunkyC said...

Doggone! I missed the vote. Too busy this week. No matter--Charlotte's Web would've been my choice. Love the yarn. Can the green baby sweater be salvaged with an overdye?

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home