Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Back to the Knitting

Remember when I used to knit?

And then I would blog about it?

That was fun. Let's try to do that again.

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions a few weeks ago about the Remembering Honey sleeve-gathering-issue. I took Elizabeth's (Trope) suggestion--thank you!- and took it off the needles:




















I'm trying it on:















I decided to rip. (It was only an hour or so of work so really, not that painful.)

Here is the first finished sleeve:




















Close up of the lace:















I am having a lot of trouble loading my pictures for the blog. I use Hello, and when I try to sign on, it says "The UI failed to initialize. If there are no other running copies, you should reinstall." I have un-installed and re-installed several times and still no luck. This happened to me a few months ago, and that time it just eventually started working again.

I can load them through blogger, but it is agonizingly slow, and has a limit on the number of photos per post, so I can't do my normal picture-heavy blogging.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

7 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Hi - I'm commenting on the tiger hat from your previous post. I used the tiger yarn to make my son a hat, but only used one strand. I like your way better. I never want to knit a hat with sock yarn again.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

I had a LOT of trouble with the blogger photo upload feature -- when I could upload photos, people told me they couldn't see them. Very frustrating! So I just use Photobucket -- they host the images and provide the code you need to insert. It's very user-friendly and I haven't had any complaints since I switched. :)

4:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The sleeve looks great! As far as photos go, I'd suggest flickr. It super rocks. Crazy easy to use and it works well with blogger.

9:23 PM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

I think Blogger was having a day off. I use Picasa 2 and the Hello button. Isn't that what you are doing too?

8:16 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I like the new sleeve. I've had my eye on that pattern and have been waiting for inspiration to strike. This might be it.

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't you EVER gonna quilt again???Impatiently waiting......

2:14 PM  
Blogger Noah said...

"I just had the same problem and found this fix on another site....it
works!! http://public.picasa.com/HelloCleanup.exe If it doesn't come
back with anything to fix, ask it to clear all files, not just the
corrupt ones." One note though, use the Advanced menu option to tell it to clear all files.

That should work for you.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home