Monday, May 08, 2006

Non Knitting Related Newsflash

We interrupt the current non-existence of this blog for a newsflash.

Late last night, the house was quiet, and I was finishing my "one more row", when I heard the unexpected sound of running water. I live in an old house, so I have a healthy fear of leaks and monumentally expensive water damage, and I am sensitive to noises of water where there shouldn't be water noise.

I jumped to my feet and ran to the source. It was still running, so I easily located it: the stairway. I looked up. At the top of the stairs I see this gentleman:




















(Stock photo)

He is sleepily pulling up his stripey pajamas. Then I see IT.

The splatter.

Apparently, said gentleman got up in the middle of the night (10:30pm is pretty much the middle of the night--for him) to pee, and instead of walking straight, and entering the bathroom, he stopped short of the bathroom by about 2 feet, turned toward the stairway, and let it go.

Pee on the railing, all the way down the wall, on every single step. The "epicenter" was about 3/4 of the way down the stairs, but it did hit every single step and made quite an impression on the kitchen floor at the bottom, too.

So there you have it, the story of my life. This is pretty much how its been for the past several weeks, just one thing after another.

And at a feeble attempt to make this knitting-related, I take this opportunity to include photos of the Tiger Hat from 2005, never before blogged. Two strands of Opal Tiger sock yarn, held together.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a Riot! I am the only girl in our house and I have managed to escape that! I am tempted to send it to my sister the new mom of 2 boys! I think she will cry if she thinks her future holds any thing like late night peeing down the stairs!
Love the hat!

9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, even with girls there are unexpected night-time peeing issues....dreams of peeing but not yet in the bathroom.....at least yours is a funny story. Was he proud of his accomplishment?

9:18 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I can finally stop laughing long enough to comment. At least you have it documented to tell his future girlfriends!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

On the bright side, at least he gets up in the night to pee. I can relate to the one thing after another - I haven't been posting much either (or getting much done) because of it. Hang in there!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

At least it is human pee, and not cat pee.
I sympathize whilst choking from hysteria.

Happy early birthday Em!

8:01 AM  
Blogger FemiKnitMafia said...

Hilarious!! I see my future and its bathed in yellow.

12:20 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

Ah--it's a boy thing. My nephew did this many times, one of the 'best' ones being the time he peed into the toy chest full of stuffed animals. ICK!!!
But funny for the rest of us. ;)
Hang in there!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Laura Wasilowski said...

I love Ethan! He is such a boy! Thank you for a well written account of a minor disaster that we can all laugh about.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home