Sunday, October 29, 2006

What's This Week Without a Little Halloween Craziness? OR "Have You Ever Woven In Your Ends With a Glue Gun?"

It's back to the crepe-paper crown. Insanity. I hate it.

But it sure is cute.

After abandoning it in frustration last month, I knit the whole thing in Cotton Ease. But it just didn't have the body--it didn't stand up. It was floppy, and it curled. So, in theory, I understand the concept of the crepe paper. But knitting it-Oy.

And when dear daughter decided to wear the birthday princess dress for Halloween (yay! already done!) I decided to get back out the crown and give it a second try.

I am here to tell you. People. Step away from the crepe paper. It rips like, every freakin other stitch.


What do you do to repair holes in crepe paper?





Voila! Glue gun and some silk flowers I cut off the stem.

Somebody stop me with the glue gun!

7 Comments:

Blogger Diane Doran said...

Try soaking the cotton-ease crown in liquid starch, like they used to do with those crocheted snowflakes and angels. Maybe that would work?

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your a nut ball!

7:21 AM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

too funny, oy!
What is cool is having these memories to pull up when Molly is 15 and driving you nuts. heehee!

7:33 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

I'm running to find my glue gun now. It looks like it works wonders.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Katy said...

you are a very good mom. ;)
and I think that Diane has a great idea!
For future reference--I just found a pattern for a felted crown--check out
www.littleturtleknits.com
Haven't tried it yet--but I might.

11:46 AM  
Blogger FunkyC said...

3 points for ingenuity! Can't wait to see the finished cuteness.

1:14 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I am cracking up here. The things we do for our little ones! I saw a show on HGTV once that showcased a woman who decorated her whole home using her glue gun...It was oddly funny.

7:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home