Sunday, April 29, 2007

I'm On


Me: "Where's Mommy?"
Sophie: "Wite dere!"

Me: "How'd I do?"
Sophie: "Goot!"


I get the thumbs up from the 2 year old!

LATE BREAKING NEWS: I'm on TV this weekend on CLTV. The show is called "Your Money" and it airs again tonight at 8pm on Channel 53 (in my town.) If you are just joining us, you can read more about it here, here, and here.


I have sent out an APB so if you live in the Chicagoland area and I have your e-mail address, chances are good that I have e-mailed you already. I'm sorry for the late notice, but I got home late last night from Paducah, and didn't know I was on this weekend until this morning. If you live anywhere else, there may be a video clip on the website, I'll let you all know if they put one up.


This year our annual Paducah trip consisted of me, my mom, and Sophie. Sophie is an old pro, this being her 3rd year. Here she is holding court from the cart, directly mom and me which fabric is "MINE"!














She has learned how to hand the fabric to the cutting lady and tell her how much she needs (ok, she does the handing and I do the telling).



















The start of a stash. Do I know how to start them young, or what?!

7 Comments:

Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Congrats, Emily! You did a great job of showcasing your super quilts!

btw, way to work that Chevron scarf, too :o)

8:11 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

That Sophie is super-cute! I have been wanting to go down to Paducah to the Quilt Museum. I'd love to take my Grandmother, but I wouldn't be able to convince her to make the trip. I really want to piece a top for her to quilt for me. I'm not much of a seamstress, but I would LOVE to have something that we both worked on. I'd better get moving if that is going to happen! I picked up some Liberty cotton that has a knitting theme--perhaps I can work that in.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Mary B said...

OOh, lucky. I lived near Paducah as a kid and grew up at Hancock's -- my eyes used to water from all the sizing chemicals. I've never been during the festival, but I've been to the museum. Fantastic!

Congrats on the stardom!

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post. I love the juxtaposition of media and generations and, of course, FABRIC.

Oh and congratulations!

4:58 PM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Your little girl is adorable. And it looks like you're training her well to be your assistant. Good for you. ;-) (oooo, all that fabric)

4:12 AM  
Blogger elizabeth said...

How cool to go to Paducah with your mom and daughter! She's adorable and I am in love with the fabrics she's holding. Some day I WILL go.... :)

11:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the TV segment!

My youngest (now 5) is an old pro at the stash game. She loves picking out her own fabrics at the store and has her own little collection now.

6:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home