Thursday, May 10, 2007

Yes, It's Another Post From Me Already, Don't Faint

I said I had a lot of FOs to show and I wasn't kidding. And I'm feeling a sense of urgency today, possibly being something to do with the last day of my 39th year, so I've gathered together some photos having to do with the theme of "scarves".

Here's a photo from the archives: a Koigu lace scarf I finished in November 05:






I loved making it and wearing it, and in fact have worn it quite fuzzy. The great thing about a simple lace scarf is it is very easy to throw on with my standard uniform Old Navy tee shirt and twill pants and it makes everything look more pulled together.

They are also fun to knit and I had been itching to do another.





So last December, I cast on some solid cream colored sock yarn and made the Lopi Lace Scarf from Weekend Knitting. It became a Christmas gift for our sweet 1st grade teacher. I want to make this one again and think that the simplicity of the lace design would be great for a varigated yarn. I wonder if I have any varigated sock yarn lying around?




















Then in February, I started Argosy. Here it is blocking on my bed:





















Look at those pretty points!





















Wait a minute, what is happening on this point? Crap!!!!!















Double crap!!!!

I put it away for about a month and then got out a needle and thread and carefully re-bound it to the last loop, then sewed the one live loop down as well as I could.








It was worth it!



My stylist (Hi Mom!) couldn't decide which way was better and took photos both ways:












Mom, getting in on the sock-yarn-scarf action, started a plain stockinette tube in Sophie's Toes color Secret Garden. When she comes to visit again, I'll get a photo of her in the finished product, because it turned out really cute.














While Mom was stockinette-ing her little heart out, I was working on my Chevron....



Tune in tomorrow to laugh at/cry with/console me on my big day! And there'll be a contest!

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh- I love a contest!!!

2:21 PM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

Oooo, a contest! I'll be back. BTW, I've had a thing for scarves lately myself. Making 'em & wearing 'em. Looking for some light ones for the cool summer morning waiting for the train. ;-)

2:22 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

Superb scarf action! I am enamored of your Argosy :o)

Know that you are timeless - irrespective of the decade you are about to enter!

Are you coming downtown for Looptopia?

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Mom...both ways look great! I'm guessing your chevron scarf is one of your ST colorways? If so, which? (It's so hard to visualize some of the skeins knitted up!)

3:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

argosy yarn: koigu? noro???
I MUST KNOW! :o)heehee!
and they all look so great!
and kudos and ensnaring the mom back into knitting! you know she's a good one when she does a sock right away! :o)PLUS you are her daughter--bonus! haha!

4:53 PM  
Blogger Katy said...

Lots of scarves! I think that argosy is my favorite, even with the rebellious stitches that want to roam free. ;)
Happy Birthday!

5:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All the scarves are nice, but I have to lean towards the in-progress chevron as my fav.

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The scarves are lovely!

Take it from someone who recently finished out their 39th year, make a freaking week/month/year out of the party. I'm still celebrating mine.

Come to Friday knitting, we'll sing to you!

6:46 PM  
Blogger sweetfigs said...

You've made some beautiful scarves! Headed into the next decade in style. :)

7:06 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Happy Birthday Emily! Hope it's a great one. Love the Argosy.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Happy Birthday! The scarves are all gorgeous, and I think my favorite is the luscious red Argosy. My standard uniform also includes an Old Navy tee.

almostfelted Lauren

12:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

6:40 am Friday morning- Am I the first? HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

6:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am gonna need some help with my Argosy! Now I know who to ask.

And I am looking in Weekend Knitting because I like that Lopi one too.

Gretl

3:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home