Friday, November 09, 2007

New Quilt Friday (Again!)

Remember the little colander quilt that I was working on when CLTV came to visit? (That I started quilting in April and then abandoned?)

Ta-da!

I thought it might be a good idea to finish it up and send it off to the Pressing Matters II exhibit at the Greater Chicago Quilt Exhibition.



It's for sale at the show--$300. Speaking of the show--anybody going? I was toying with the idea of going this afternoon after school with 3 kids, but perhaps I am insane. I'm having second thoughts. All three kids have been to quilt shows, but never all three together, with me as their only wrangler.

I might just go on Sunday a few hours before the show closes, since I have to be there at closing to help take down the exhibit. Can't go Saturday, since I'm going on a knitting retreat. All day! Knitting! With other knitters! Adult knitters, who I know and like, where we will knit and talk about adult things. In fact, I doubt anyone will even mention Captain Underpants, Scooby Doo, or farting. Whoo hoo and a shout out to all my Fox Valley Knitting Guild pals!

**
CONTEST NEWS! I have really enjoyed your ideas about the mystery project. I'm not going to go so far as to say nobody has guessed it yet, but just let me say, keep those guesses coming. That's all I'm sayin.

**

Meanwhile, I have started a new project--a new bed quilt that I've wanted to do for a long time. Details to follow soon.

Have a great weekend. And don't forget to let me know if you are going to the quilt show, ok?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely quilt.
contest guess: cat bed.

12:39 PM  
Blogger rohanknitter said...

I just love that quilt - I remember it from before.
Hmmm....what you are going to be knitting? Looking at all the things you've done before, the only thing I don't see is gloves, so that's my guess. : )

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee now I don't know what to talk to you about in the car if we can't speak of Capt Underpants!!

I'm guessing you are making felted clogs.

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A bra?

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe I am not eligable...we'll have to play 20 questions this weekend!
xoxo

9:06 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

sandals?

8:57 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

I love the colander quilt, Emily! I had thought about coming up for the show, but I've done quite a bit of indulging this fall and since there's just a week until Thanksgiving (we drive east and deliver all of our family Christmas gifts then,) I decided against it.
I'd BETTER be living up there by the next big quilt show, though!!

1:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to be totally unimaginative and guess a big ol' purple blanket. (You are cool enough, but probably not crazy enough, to make a felted purple chandelier. Yet?)

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home