Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Thank You

It's a really big week here, what with the Schaumburg Quilt Show starting tomorrow, lots of activity in the shop, finishing and starting a few (Big!) knitting projects.

I'm still in the middle of all of it, but I just wanted to stop in here with some gratitude. Thank you for all the sweet comments about the kids. Thank you to everyone who stopped by the shop in the last few days. Thank you for showing up here to read and comment. Thank you!!

I have lots to write about the above events but that will wait a day or so. If you have e-mailed me with a question, I am slowing getting back to everyone. (I will just answer the most FAQ of the week: yes, I will take special orders for the Magic Balls, please stay tuned for details.)
I've been up way too late the past few nights, but I have all the quilts packed up, and all the yarn packed up, and I have one last committment tonight (not involving fiber of any kind, just a dozen 6-8year olds--I'm mostly going to wing that one!) and afterwards, I'm going to relax with a new knitting project.

I'm excited; it's something I've never made before. Yes, an item I have never knit! Can you believe it? Me either. It's an item that has always sort of intimidated me. Can you guess what it is?

I'll give you a clue. It's wool.

Another clue. It's purple.

Hah! That's no help at all, considering just about everything I make is wool and purple.

Seriously, I'm up for a fun little contest. Guess what I am making, and you could win this:

I picked up this book at the thrift store recently. I always go to the book section first when the kids are with me--at 50 cents a book, it's the cheapest bribe around to buy myself more time! I saw this book, and even though I already have it --it's great--I had to get it to send it to a good home.

Leave a comment, guess the mystery object, and if there are more than one correct guesses I'll pick randomly.

I'll close with a photo of some recent thrift store sweaters. All ready for felting into yummy bags or winter crafting projects with the kids. (I heard that--and yes, I do need another bag.)

17 Comments:

Blogger PICAdrienne said...

I can't imagine you being worried about knitting this, but for some reason I am thinking Clapotis.

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ummm...PANTS!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Mary B said...

Wool soakers for a new baby?

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was going to cheat thinking I knew! I was going to say felting a thrift store sweater but you told us that so I am stumped!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Kirsten said...

I haven't been around very long, so I'm just guessing out of the blue. Fingerless gloves.

4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with the quilting fair and the kids! Looking forward to your new project.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Teri said...

Well, you are not afraid of Aran knitting, so I would say you are nervous about making a FairIsle sweater. I would be.

6:13 PM  
Blogger kimchi said...

hm...let's see...
a handknit skirt?
you've done so many things i can't imagine what you haven't done yet!
good luck at the quilt show! i'm sure you'll wow their socks off!
:o)ek.

6:18 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

about the sweaters...do you sew them together before felting?? or maybe you felt first. I'm off to find some thrift woolens.
Vicki

9:17 PM  
Blogger QuiltingFitzy said...

How about a pet sweater...

Or a shrug?

4:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

hmmm... Gloves! With all the ten fingers!! XD

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

An afghan or blanket?
KS

8:26 AM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

My guess would be a pair of gloves with ten fingers. With a really intricate pattern in multiple colors. Or something mitered. o that would be me, wouldn't it?

8:32 AM  
Blogger Mariella said...

EZ's Baby Surprise Jacket?

11:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Legwarmers?

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Socks?
Ursula

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Felted Clogs?

Credit goes to Jodee if this is the correct answer. We were talking about knitting them yesterday at Friday Knitting...

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home