Friday, January 18, 2008

What is Making Me Happy Today

I started a new project and it's true LOVE.

I've been wanting to make a Koigu turtleneck ever since the Fall 2002 issue of Vogue Knitting. It has taken me awhile to collect enough dark blue and green Koigus (and I've thrown in a little Sophie's Toes since it's the same weight.) It's a turtleneck that uses 6 different but very similar shades of Koigu KPPPM in 12 row stripes, so the stripes kind of blend together. Above is my sleeve/swatch. Delicious.


Made even more fun, when tucked inside a colorful bag! (My own bag, made just like the one I made my sister for Christmas.)

And even more fun to carry on the go when tucked inside this bag!


A little color overload sure helps, when the days look like this.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The newest line of American Jane fabric called Wee Play has that ruler fabric in five different colors, so you can get more! Check fatquartershop.com

12:51 PM  
Blogger KarenK said...

Loved the ruler bag, found the material (equilter.com), will make a bag for a knitting retreat door prize - also found "Knitmare on Elm Street" - a fun print. Thanks for posting that!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Oooh, that's the kind of project that would make me want to drop everything and knit 'til my fingers spark (or completely cramp up) Lovely colors. And as a non-sock-knitter, I definitely support the use of Sophies Toes in other garments!

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home