Friday, October 24, 2008

Distracting You From the Lack of Finishing

Would you just sit down and knit us some neckbands, already??!!


To distract you from my recent lack of knitting content, how about something bright and shiny, like a vintage chair re-do?!

Behold, the great vintage chair I scored at a thrift/antique store in Indiana this summer while visiting my mom. (James Dean Gallery and shop in Fairmount for my Hoosier buds.) It just needed a little elbow grease and TLC.

And some Amy Butler yardage wouldn't hurt, either.

I plopped it down into its new spot and all three kids immediately shrieked: MINE!


Here it is in its new setting. (with Sophie and cow taking an increasingly rare afternoon nap.)

Is this little fabric cute or what!? (Psst... I just noticed that it's on sale here--don't call me an enabler!!) I know it's official name is "Frest Start" but don't you think around the office they refer to it as "retro tvs"??!!
Signing off now to go knit some neckbands.....have a great weekend!

9 Comments:

Blogger Stacey said...

I love it! Oh...that makes me want to get some upholstery fabric and redo a chair that I've been hanging onto forever. Hmmmm, one of these days I'm going to just do it!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

Adorable. I love it and seeing it in your family room makes me feel like I just stopped by for a visit, with a bagful of Panera for lunch. O how I miss those days!
M

1:55 PM  
Blogger Kay said...

Maine Cottage WISHES it had a chair half as nice.

Amazing what you do.

And doesn't this match your found-on-the-street kids' table?

3:10 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great job on the chair! As a woman without furniture who is going to buy a house soon, I really appreciate ideas like this!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh, I love your chair!!!!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Pretentious Wombat said...

So, I guess I'm the only one who looks at that fabric and sees realy fat mice with long tails hanging down.

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful. It looks perfect in that room!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I just LOVE the colors in the fabric. Nice job!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Chelsea said...

This is gorgeous! Beautiful colors. :)

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home