Friday, January 30, 2009

I'd Like One of Those in Big Girl Size, Please

This is the most darling baby sweater I have ever knitted. It is for a dear kindergarden teacher who taught 2 of my kids (so far) and just had her first baby. Her name is Wren. Everybody say "awwwww".

I highly recommend this pattern. It was very straightforward and well written.
And, now, of course, I really, really, really, really, want one in my size. I searched Ravelry for Feather and Fan sweater pattern and came up with Liesl (which is already in my queue--better get on that!) and then I also realized that Selda (Ravelry link) from Rowan 41 is also very similar. And what do you know--it's about 80% done! So I guess I'll be riding the feather and fan train for awhile.
Details:
Pattern: Feather and Fan Baby Sweater by Kimberly Conterio from 101 Designer One Skein Wonders (there are a lot of cute patterns in this book BTW)
Yarn: Sophie's Toes Sock Yarn in Crimson, one skein. Actually, it weighs exactly 77 gms so you have enough left over for a matching hat or booties.
Mods: none.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is even cuter in person!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Jodi said...

Super cute! I need to knit a baby gift, and this looks like a great pattern. 101 Designer 1-Skein Wonders is a surprisingly good book -- way more patterns that I'd actually knit than 1 Skein or the original 1-Skein Wonders book.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

Totally yummy!

10:13 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

It really is darling! The lines remind me of the February Lady Sweater also. Can't wait to see your finished Selda. I bought the yarn for that when I first saw the pattern.

4:47 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That's adorable. Wren is such a cute name!

9:47 PM  
Blogger Scrappy Raven said...

Scrumptious color and pattern.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Pam said...

How funny - I came to comment because I wanted to suggest you look at the February Lady Sweater as an option -- you could even do Feather & Fan instead of the lace pattern indicated.

Love this little sweater!

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! I just discovered you through the Art of Quilting documentary by PBS - wow! I love the image of you against the enormous wonderful quilted flowers picking off a bit of lint. I did the same kind of thing when my work was exhibited by someone else, I hope I didn't offend him. Ha!
Nobody really gets to touch the "other" kinds of art... quilts are so special this way.

12:49 PM  
Blogger Vicky aka Stichr said...

Emily I just came across these small knitted stockings, and thought of you...

http://littlecottonrabbits.typepad.co.uk/free_knitting_patterns/2007/06/knitted_mini_ch.html

*smile*

1:40 AM  
Blogger Frieda Anderson said...

I love this sweater, and I would like one in a big size too please.

8:16 AM  
Blogger Jackie's Stitches said...

What a cute sweater! The yarn looks so squooshy and soft!

2:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home