Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Knitting With My Peeps

Last week was quiet on the blog because I had visitors. My peeps were in the house! My little brother, I'll call him "Kenny", but he is also known as "Tres" or in some circles as "Earl", came to visit from California.

(Many Californians have multiple identities, I have come to learn.)


He brought his WIP vest, shown above. Much knitting ensued.


Shout out to Mom, who is working on this cowl.

Here's an appearance by my dad, modeling his new Jacque Cousteau hat, which I made him for Christmas.

I didn't get a great photo, (Note to self--use step ladder when photographing handknits on tall man's head) but the decreases are cool. I'll get the details up on Ravelry.

It was pretty fun to have a house full of people and knitting going on somewhere almost constantly. Then there were the classic conversations such as:

Me: Oh! Are you using the Magic Loop method with that armhole ribbing? (See picture above.)
Kenny: No, I'm just using a circular needle that's too big for this circumference.
Me: Um, ok.


Then, there's some super exciting news in the "newest knitter" category! That's Miss Molly above, with her very first project! How proud am I?

I have been treated to the classic "This is so fun!" "Just one more row!" and then the not so good "How did I get so many stitches?" I had to laugh when she brought me her "scarf" and showed me how it was mysteriously getting wider. I counted her stitches--she started with 20--and the current number on the needles was 44. Yikes! But she is having fun! And a very special addition to our knitting circle.
Welcome, Molly!
And I would be remiss without saying: We missed you Allison.
Our week long knit-fest culminated in the annual Lincoln Elementary Cub Scout Pinewood Derby. Let's check in on the Red Carpet and see if we can spot any handknits!

Why, it's my little bro wearing his F.O! His self-designed (with some help from the Ann Budd book) Aurucania Nature Wool One-Stripe Vest.
On the outside, he's so "Hey. I'm the cool uncle from California." And on the inside he's totally "Lookie! Lookie! I'm wearing my new vest! I made it myself!"
Why, it's my mom! Looking pretty in her Flora that I made her a couple of years ago.

Do I have anything to show for myself? Why, yes! It could be a completed Koigu turtleneck! Details on that later.

When you're nine, ribbons are fabulous.

And lastly, shop update tonight, 7pm Central time. I have had some trouble with my e-mail list not going through, so I thought I'd mention it here.

8 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl said...

What a wonderful, fibery family. Looking forward to details on your turtleneck. And the Jacques Cousteau hat has made it to my Ravelry favs. Your bros vest turned out great and don't vests look so good on guys.

12:59 PM  
Blogger La Cabeza Grande said...

What a handsome, talented family you have! Everything, including the newest knitter's scarf, is totally delightful.

4:07 PM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

O how I wish I were there knitting with you, or even better, I wish you were here knitting with me!
Love the Koigu pullover, what I can see of it. Could you put a link to your Ravelry page on your sidebar? I am lazy.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Go Molly! You're not making a scarf--you've advanced to a shawl! (I wish my formerly knitting niece had someone near her who could help her out--she's dropped the ball (of yarn) because she is surrounded by the un-crafty.)

Looks like great family together time with folks who appreciate the knitting.

11:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had such a nice time!!!

Big hugs and kisses to the kids!!!

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I have a question about your yarn and I wonder if you would e-mail me, I cannot find your e-mail address, and maybe that's on purpose so you don't get all kinds of e-mail questions but I'm giving it a try. Thanks,
Beth
My e-mail address is befarwell@yahoo.com

2:19 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Bravo, Molly! Keep it up!

9:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is always so exciting to find knitters far away from Finland who are knitting my patterns. And The Jacques Cousteau Hat fits perfectly to your dad. Thank you for choosing my pattern.

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home