Friday, September 25, 2009

Highlights/Lowlights

First Day of School, 2009


Hello my friends! I hope I still have a few readers left, after I accidently took the summer off. Thank you for sticking with me! Even though the kids have been in school for a month now, I have been afraid to touch the blog, not sure that I still remembered how to do it.

So this will be a quickie. A test. Just a few highlights (and a few lowlights) of the summer months.

We had a busy and fun summer--we went on several trips. One that will forever be lovingly referred to as "Barf-fest 2009".

I participated in Dye for Glory and WON! Making the summer even busier for me as I wasn't really planning on dyeing much yarn. But I don't mean to complain! It was good.

In the knitting category: I went on a scarf kick, a sweater kick, a Barn Raising square kick, and a Magic Ball kick.

In the kid category: a much anticipated event...my youngest is now in (half day) kindergarten! While that doesn't give me any more alone time than I had last year, I have been very excited for all 3 to be at the same school. I love our elementary school and do a lot of volunteering there. I intend to savor these next 2 years.

We got a puppy!

I am tired.

But...I'm slowing getting back into the swing of things. I think I am better with the routine that school brings, and fall is my favorite season. I'll be back in a few days with some knitting to report.

xoxo









12 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

I'm glad you're finding time to blog again, I've missed you!

1:41 PM  
Blogger Laurel said...

Glad you are back! No wonder you are tired, you've got a lot going on. I'm glad you finally posted about the Dye for Glory, I was so excited to see you as a winner. And Stephanie P-M recently mentioned knitting a sock with your yarn in her blog :)

2:22 PM  
Blogger rohanknitter said...

Welcome back!! Sounds like a great summer - and I loved that dye for glory skein!! Fall is my fav season too, I always feel more energized or something.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Melody Johnson said...

What a relief.

7:11 AM  
Anonymous Elizabeth said...

welcome back!

8:14 AM  
Blogger amy wolgemuth bordoni said...

I am glad you're back AND I am glad I found you - as a blogger and a neighbor. What a small and wonderful world!

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are back. I kept faithfully checking your blog everyday, so imagine my delight when I clicked on it and found that you posted something new :)

7:25 PM  
Blogger FunkyC said...

I'm happy to see you back on the blog! The puppy is adorable and the kids are growing!

9:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you are back ... I enjoy your blog!

5:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I so much enjoy your blog, and have missed you. Your blog is one I can always count on to be real, which is why it is such a treat. Thank you.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Diane Doran said...

Glad you had a good summer - your dye for glory yarn was awesome.

8:05 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I know the competition was fierce, but I'm not at all surprised you won in Dye for Glory. You do really nice work. ;) Congrats!

2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home