Tuesday, January 04, 2011

New Year, New Quilts!

Happy New Year to all my Peeps!

I hope that you had a wonderful holiday season. I love this time of year, it is so quiet and I can focus. I also love that everyone starts to use the word hunker:
"It's cold outside so I'm going to hunker in"
"It's time to hunker in and work on projects"
Hunker, hunker, hunker.
So, raise your hand if you are hunkering in and working on quilts.
Here is the quilt I finished in November.

Hey, looky at that! The bed is made! (Must be a photoshoot)


A colorful quilt for my Colorful Girl.
That's my cutie pie. She is beautiful on the inside and out.


To re-cap, the girls share a room and I have plans for 2 quilts, both with the same big floral fabrics, but one with the emphasis on the blues and purples and the other with the emphasis on pinks. I have quilt #2 on the wall and am making final adjustments.


If you think this is bright, it is actually quite a bit brighter in person. I am finding that there is a fine line between fun-bright-cheerful, and "retina-searing". I'm not sure if I've crossed it. I'll keep you posted!


6 Comments:

Blogger YogaNan knits, too... said...

Ooh, lovely! And it can't be too bright this time of year.

Kind of reminds me of the trip-round-the-world quilt that I made for Maja Rose out of rose prints. Remind me to show you some time!

2:18 PM  
Anonymous Julie said...

It's beautiful! Lucky girls!!

5:29 AM  
Blogger amy wolgemuth bordoni said...

gorgeous - hope to see them in their full retina-searing glory someday soon!

7:15 AM  
Anonymous Milena Radeva said...

Simple, but beautiful. Such a lovely colours.

5:29 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Emily! Not sure if you remember who I am (I used to babysit your little-ones who are not so little anymore), but I stumbled upon your website and your quilts are more beautiful than ever!!! I hope all is well

-Emily

7:39 PM  
Blogger Kristin Nicholas said...

Lovely job - I bet your girls love to look at the different fabrics in the quilt as they lay on their beds reading. I think just exposing kids to beautiful prints and colors gives them the experience to love pattern and textiles in the future as they grow older.

Congrats! Kristin

6:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home