Wednesday, September 01, 2010

It's Quiet

So, a week ago today the kids went back to school. (Here's last year's photo, where they are one year smaller).


The caption here should read: "Ok, Mom, this is the last one! Seriously! I need to get inside and see my friends! No more! You better not take any inside! MOMMMMM!"


Only one little bunny permitted me to take a photo inside.


And then, even she was off.

If I could have a dime for every time I have uttered the phrase "Someday, when the kids are all in school full time, I'm going to....(insert fabulous project here)."

That "someday" always seemed so far away. Even this summer, I knew it was finally getting very close and many days, to be honest, I was anticipating it with great relish. But it still seemed so very very far away.

Phase II of Motherhood: The Years When the Kids Are in School Full Time.

I have a list of projects a mile long. Dyeing, sewing, quilting....yada yada.....all the way down the list to organizing some files for the first time in a decade, and even catching up with long lost friends.

But to be honest, I'm feeling a little lost. I've been working on a few things, but I feel like my feet are in molasses.

So, that being said, please pardon my dust around here while I get it together. I'll be back soon with something. (Hopefully something *fabulous*).

5 Comments:

Blogger Teri said...

Hi Emily,
I can't believe that your youngest is going to school already. I've been reading your blog since she was a tiny girl, and you were knitting cute tiny sweaters for her.
I was a stay at home mom and when my oldest son went to school full time, I had to peel him off of me to get him to stay, my younger twin daughters ran in. I know just how you feel. Trust me, you will get over it. Good things about school time.. having time to yourself... FINALLY. I don't know what you have to do, but I had to take my kids to school and pick them up, then all of the extra activities meant running all of the time. It was a relief to have them home for vacations. My "kids" are all grown and married. I have lots of time to myself now. I still get nothing done!!! Have fun, I look forward to seeing what you create! Teri

12:39 PM  
Blogger Kelly-ann said...

Hi Emily...

I am feeling a little lost today as well since the kids went back all day last week - 1st for me as well. I am still staying busy with many errands & things to catch up on in the house. However, the change kind of hit me today and I am a little emotional :( I am sure you will get your footing very soon. Just take some time to relax. I am eating a lot of chocolate these days - maybe you can try that!

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Jamie said...

Sometimes the hardest thing for me is all that time with no schedule. It is all so loosey goosey. I have a hard time picking where to start because there are so many things I want/have to get done.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Truffle queen said...

Hi Emily!

I remember that feeling well - bitter sweet to say the least! Shopping without kids and not have to watch for who was touching what! Hope you can come back to PSQG! Enjoy the quiet! Elaine Morgan

7:45 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

OMG! *The baby* is in school all day?!! She was in a stroller when we first met! (Don't let her read this...lol)
Believe me, you'll get used to your free days, although it does take a little time. Bittersweet, but not as much as when the last one graduates from college.
;-)

5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home