Wednesday, February 01, 2012

It's a Start

Hi Friends!
Thank you for your sweet comments. I am so happy to be back.
I think I've touched on this over the past couple of years--I've really had an inner struggle going on about doing/not doing my artwork. It was such a relief to let some things go when the kids were really little-- first I stopped doing my yearly open studio. Then I gave up doing commissions. And gradually I stopped exhibiting my quilts regularly. It helped with the stress level so much. And I really needed that. But (here's the Big But) I stopped making art quilts. And I love making art quilts.
Then I started doing the yarn business. And it was such a fun thing and a nice way to make a little money, and I thought I'd only do it for a few years, but I built it up to the point where it became a Big Thing, which was, once again, difficult to give up.
And the past year or so, I've got the notion in my brain that I would do both, make art quilts and dye the yarn, (and be wife and mother, and volunteer, and cook more nutritious meals...yada yada) but that has been much easier said than done.
But ya gotta start somewhere. A pile of fabric is a good start. Then. Baby Steps. Cut a few pieces and put them up on the wall. Stand back and look. More pieces. More staring. Repeat. (a few hundred times, but we won't think about that yet).
But it's a start! A start is good! Here's wishing you many good things in the year to come! I'm feeling very optomistic about 2012.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so looking forward to seeing what you do. Your approach is the only approach. Just do a little, and a little, keep working......

xox Kay

3:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am soooo relieved! As a fellow busy mom (do you remember what yada yada means on Seinfeld?)I was beginning to worry. We faceless people on the west coast drool at your photos. Glad to see you, and thanks for your return so I can stalk your blog.

12:50 AM  
Blogger amy wolgemuth bordoni said...

yay!! she's back! and quilting. :) so happy!

5:55 AM  
Blogger Earl3d said...

Look at you! Back at the ol blog! Back to quilting and back to blogging. Hooray!

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home