Tuesday, February 14, 2012

You Are Special

Hello Friends! I just wanted to share the big excitement from our house this morning:
The girls are so different. One handmade her cards from construction paper and doilies. To the other, a box of Barbie cards with tattoos were her "dream come true".
They did join forces for a little while. I had signed us up for making lunches for Lazarus House, a local homeless shelter, and we all thought it would be cheery to include a valentine and candy in each lunchbag, since it was Valentine's day and all.
Molly was adamant that she hand-make all 40 valentines. I thought she was just going to cut out a heart and tape on a candy. I came out to find both girls intently working on them together, and Molly was writing a little personal message on each one.
You're talented
You are kind
You are loved by God
You ROCK
You make people smile
You're special
People care about you
I'll be thinking of you
You're amazing
And my personal favorite: You are beautiful (or handsome)

5 Comments:

Blogger amy wolgemuth bordoni said...

oh, so awesome. love those girls. they definitely made someone very happy!

12:30 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

The nicest Valentine post I've read today. (Ever?) Wishing your family a sweet day, Emily!

4:47 PM  
Blogger lmillerhill said...

I love my little owl valentine from Molly!

6:18 AM  
Blogger YogaNan knits, too... said...

awww...how sweet! You rock as a Mom, and your kids totally rock!

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Emily - I just rented the video "Art Quilting" from a past PBS series and absolutely loved your style of quilting and had to check out your website! Looks like you are busy raising kids AND quilting :-) Just wanted to say how talented you are and to thank you for sharing your ideas!

Johanna in San Diego

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home